Winners are selected by IT professionals and end users who have experience purchasing, implementing, and/or using the enterprise solution. The Customer Choice Awards are a ranking of vendors by verified end-user professionals, taking into account both the number of end-user reviews and the overall user ratings.
The BI and analytics platform market includes platforms that can be rapidly implemented, either by business users who need to find insights, or by IT leaders who want to build analytics content to meet business requirements. Business users are driving the need for new capabilities by demanding access to analysis and insights from advanced analytics, while IT wants to deliver on this demand from business users for data discovery capabilities, but without sacrificing governance.
Alteryx is the Gold Award winner of the 2017 Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards in BI and Analytics platforms, followed by Tableau with the Silver Award, and Domo with the Bronze More information on the award winners is available at https://gartner.com/reviews/customer-choice-awards/business-intelligence-analytics-platforms.
About Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards
Awards are given to vendors based on these criteria:
- The vendor must have at least one product designated by Gartner's research analysts as relevant to the market.
- The vendor must have at least 50 reviews published in that market during the submission period. Submission period is defined as 12 months prior to the award eligibility cut-off date.
- Vendor-incentivized reviews will not be counted for award eligibility and will not be included in the score calculation.
- Published reviews must pass Gartner's validation, conflict of interest and moderation processes.
- Gold, silver, and bronze awards will be given to the top three vendors based on an algorithmic score that meets these criteria:
- Maximum 75 percent of the deployments reported by reviewers from non-North America regions
- Maximum 75 percent of reviews from one industry
- Maximum 50 percent of reviews from non-Enterprise end users. (Enterprise defined as >$50 million U.S. dollars)
- Vendors that qualify for the award but don’t meet above criteria may still be eligible for an honorable mention for their focus.